Growing Family...

...got ya by the title huh?? Nope! Not me! Our new little nephew was born yesterday! Today Lucas and I headed with Ash and B to meet little Hunter and I have to say he is one handsome little man!! I had no doubt!!
 I was able to hold him for a few minutes and he was wide awake. There is just something amazing about holding a brand new baby... I think my emotions have been on high gear ever since. Looking down at that incredible little man then looking across the room at Lucas, I was overcome by love and amazement. Then I noticed myself getting into a slightly sour mood the rest of the afternoon.. I think I finally figured it out.


How did this little baby ..

Turn into this BIG boy in only 6 months!!

Time has FLOWN by and I feel maybe I didn't appreciate it. Did I really need to put him down to clean, do laundry, play on the computer? Should I have just held him and savored every second? I think this is part of being a mother no one tells you about.. the overwhelming love you have for your child. I'm sure for the next few days I might keep Lucas a little closer...let him snuggle with us in bed a little longer.
Please little man...slow down! Mama can't handle all this growing up you are doing!

No comments: